Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Nested components are not editable when copied into same page in AEM 6.1 SP1 (TouchUI)

Level 3

When I am copying components that contains other components inside (included by data-sly-resource) and pasting into the same even parent parsys (so making this new components tree direct sibling of the base one) I cannot edit components copied inside. I can edit root component though. There are no overlays at all, just the main component have one. There is no error in a console, and the request for specific bunch of components (newly added) have already included cq tags so its not something related to no-decoration (not using there at all).

After reload its working as expected (every component can be edited). Also changing mode (to preview) and change it back is making these components editable.

I tried to find the answer already on our forum but can't find anything relevant. Did anyone had this problem before or its somehow specific for my implementation?

Many thanks

3 Replies

Level 10

This may be a bug, YOu should not have to refresh to edit a component within another component - like a grid component. Please file a ticket so this can be fixed.

Level 3

Alright, cheers smacdonald2008, I will report the bug. Anyway this looks so odd I had to ask community in a first place.

Let you know what the status is. For the sake of keeping these things for future generations

Level 1

Hi @purawid were you able to get it working as I am also facing the same issue.