Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multiple OSGI components showing in /system/console/components for a particular OSGI component

Level 2

I have 2 bundles "bundle A" & "bundle B" in my project

Bundle A has class com.test.myproject.TestService

Bundle B has the package com.test.myproject but class TestService is not there 

Test service is a OSGI component.

In /system/console/components

TestService is showing up twice (from both the Bundles)

Can anyone help me on this

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @user17427320 ,

Do you have two different versions of same module with different export options. When you deploy and install the application then only one bundle is being overridden or both. Is it possible you uninstall both the bundles and install again and see if only one bundle is reflecting. BTW, OSGI supports multiple versions of same bundle.

An explanation you can find here

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@user17427320 what type of deployment are you using?

AEM on premise vs AEM AMS vs AEM Cloud?

What is the AEM Version?

Are you using Cloud Manager?

Ideally we follow different package structure for different bundles.. is there any specific reason for using same package from both bundles? I suspect that it could be because of export-package notation which gets tagged to bundle on build.. 

Please cross check 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @user17427320 ,

Do you have two different versions of same module with different export options. When you deploy and install the application then only one bundle is being overridden or both. Is it possible you uninstall both the bundles and install again and see if only one bundle is reflecting. BTW, OSGI supports multiple versions of same bundle.

An explanation you can find here