Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiple Inner Nested multifields usage in Touch ui

Level 3

Is it possible to have multiple nested multifields like one outer multifield and 2-3 inner nested multifields in touch ui???....I am having classic ui dialog which has multiple inner nested multifields and it works completely fine with proper json rendering in backend...problem is with touch ui nested multi-field currently it is working fine with one outer multifield and one nested inner multifield , if one more nested multifield is added the json is not rendering properly ..If any one has already faced this or worked on multiple nested multifields usage please share the right pointers.Thanks in advance....

4 Replies

Level 3

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the link..but the one in this package is not allowing me submit once I fill values so am not able to further check adding one more level of inner multifield.

I tried earlier with the below one

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 62 - Touch UI Nested ( Multi-Multi ) Composite M...

but adding 2nd level of inner multifield is not setting json properly in backend

Level 10

Hi Sai,

Ideally we shouldnot be getting more than 1 level of nested multifields considering the author experience. I would suggest you to rethink on your component dialog design rather than building it.

Level 3

Hi bsloki,

This is set to a limit of 3 nested multifields max in classic ......and now existing classic needs to be converted to touch , if touch can support this similarity like classic.. then it should be fine as authors are fine with classic experience till now , if touch does not support it similarly then it gets problematic as there are components in classic which are already built with 2-3 inner multifields long ago which now are in a phase of migration to touch...