Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Model's adaptable is request - bug with @Default

Level 3

Hello Experts!

I have a model adaptable from request. I have resource depend injections marked with @Via("resource"). There are some where i put the tag @Default(values="default text");.

Now comes the interesting part. Even when i enter the value in the dialog for that item, it does not take that value but only default value.

Now when i change the model to accept "adapt" from resource, then the real value gets picked up and when it is not available default values get picked up which is the accepted behavior.

Is this a known issue with model adaptable from request and @Default?

please let me know.

thanks all,

YAdhu

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

May be using request type it is not able to find and adapt property.

try below:

@Model(adaptables=SlingHttpServletRequest.class) public interface MyModel

// will return request.getResource().getValueMap().get("propertyName", String.class)

@Inject @Via("resource")

String getPropertyName();

}

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Hi Arun,

Not sure I understood. My question is that @Default forces itself upon the dialog value also in case the adaptable in Request and works fine if adaptable in resource.

Any clues?

Note: the behavior is consistent after testing.

thanks,

Yadhu

Level 10

This could be a bug. I have never myslef seen an issue when i use:

adaptables = Resource.class

Level 3

No issues with resource.class. only with request.class. thats confirmed.

Community Advisor

I think when you adapt as request, the dialog field is not consider as adaptable for request type and thats why it is taking default but If you can try something like below, not sure I am just guessing.

You can use @ValueMapValue without via

@ValueMapValueinjectionStrategy, name and viavaluemapInjects a ValueMap value. If via is not set, it will automatically take resource if the adaptable is the SlingHttpServletRequest. If name is not set the name is derived from the method/field name.

@ValueMapValue

@Default(booleanValues = false)
  private boolean showPrice;

Arun Patidar