Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Migrate from CQ5.5 to AEM6.0

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Currently I am working on CQ5.5 and planing to migrate in AEM 6.0.

May I proceed with the below mentioned approach -

1. Create a package in package manager with following package filters in CQ5.5-

/apps/myapp, /content/mywebsite,/content/dam/mywebsite and /etc/designs/mywebsite

2. Upload the above mentioned package in package manager in AEM6.0

3. Install the package in AEM6.0

Recently I have started to learn AEM6.0, but not yet started to work with AEM6.0

Please suggest.

Thanks ,

Debal Das

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Debal,

Overall, you would need to copy(deploy) code, install content to AEM 6 and see what continues working and what does not work after your change.

You should not create code packages manually from your server since it should be build/installed via your build system(in ideal world).

However, this is bad approach much better would be to modify the codebase of the project (e.g. update maven, ant, grunt, gradle) for AEM 6 changes. Then you would have more control over the AEM 6 system behavior.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Thanks,

Peter

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Debal,

Overall, you would need to copy(deploy) code, install content to AEM 6 and see what continues working and what does not work after your change.

You should not create code packages manually from your server since it should be build/installed via your build system(in ideal world).

However, this is bad approach much better would be to modify the codebase of the project (e.g. update maven, ant, grunt, gradle) for AEM 6 changes. Then you would have more control over the AEM 6 system behavior.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Thanks,

Peter