Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Metadata Schemas - Related Assets in Properties

Level 2

Hi there,

I'm building a custom Metadata Schema form to include links to related assets (Metadata Schemas ). However, when an asset is related to another (i.e. source, derived, others), the related asset does not appear as a link in the asset properties. When I try to unrelate the asset, I receive a prompt of removing the related asset - proof that the relation is indeed established.

I've tried building the form using the following components:

- Asset Referenced By

- Asset Referencing

- Read-Only link

None of the above components in the metadata schema form seem to show the related asset in the properties.

I appreciate the help!

15 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Geo

What is the version of AEM ?

Thanks

Veena

Community Advisor

Okay . So I am testing this out now. I was doing it in 6.2 now but will check in 6.3 . In 6.2 I got the asset referenced as links

1585804_pastedImage_0.png

Let me test this out in 6.3 and update you

Thanks

Veena

Community Advisor

Hi geo

Tested this in 6.3 . I am able to get the referenced pages as links. PFB the screenshot

1585942_pastedImage_0.png

Please check and let me know if this is what you are having issue with ?

Level 2

Thank you Veena,

The reference links appear for references to collections. However, links do not appear for relations to other assets (e.g. source, derived, others).

Community Advisor

Oh .. Okay .. Got you .. How can I replicate the scenario for testing ?

Level 2

- duplicated the default metadata schema (with a new name, let's say "test_duplicate").

- made some modifications to the schema, such as removing redundant fields.

- applied the new schema to a folder, and added assets.

- related an asset to another in the properties panel - as a "Source"

- related another asset in the properties panel - as "other"

- relation links do not appear in the asset properties.

Community Advisor

Thanks . I tested this scenario also and seems like it is working fine for me

1587052_pastedImage_0.png

1587056_pastedImage_1.png

I have installed SP2 in my 6.3 server . Do you think that could be an issue for you ?

Level 2

Yes, I believe SP2 is installed. Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing.

You'll noticed that 2 related assets exist, but the links are not populating.

AEM Assets   Asset Metadata (3).png

Community Advisor

Did you get a chance to test this out in default metadata schema ? is that also having the same issue ?

Just to make sure your instance doesn't have any issues , can you try this out parallel in a new 6.3 instance ? We can filter out the possibilities.

Level 2

I do not have access to create a new instance, but I tried with the default schema and still no luck with the references showing up.

Community Advisor

So this is an issue in your prod or dev  ? I think then the next right thing to do is to reach out to Adobe through day care ticket .

Level 10

Seems like this could be an issue on one such instance. I tried and its working for me too..

geoffg59889438​ - Can you try on any other AEM instance or a new AEM instance and see if you are seeing the same issue.

Meanwhile, are you seeing any errors in the log when you load the metadata page.

Hi bsloki/Veena

bsloki​ @veena_07

Can you please let me know on how can we relate assets programatically(Via API).

I want to write a custom workflow to add relation between assets.

Which API needs to be used ? If possible can I get a sample code?

Regards

Susmitha Sama

Community Advisor

susmithasama8

Let me check on this and get back to you

Thanks

Veena