Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Lucene Index with Dynamic Pages

Level 5

Hey All,

I am trying to figure out the best way to add dynamic pages to the lucene index. For example, I have dynamic news pages using selector's like press-release.pressrelease1.html and release.pressrelease2.html, the press-release page in AEM is the only page that gets indexed with Lucene so when you do a search it won't find either page. I know you can do solr and crawl and then be able to search and get back both pages, but is there a way to either extend the indexer and add those "pages" to the index so it will return the values in the search? Or, when I do an oak search I can do a lucene search and add the dynamic pages to the search?

Sean

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Sean-McK As you say Dynamic pages, where do the content for your dynamic pages come from.. are they stored in aem or stored elsewhere... mostly the intention behind dynamic pages be like dynamic content while rendering pages as well in search...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Sean-McK As you say Dynamic pages, where do the content for your dynamic pages come from.. are they stored in aem or stored elsewhere... mostly the intention behind dynamic pages be like dynamic content while rendering pages as well in search...

Level 5
Hey Sashi, thanks for your reply so I am doing a couple of things..... 1) The content is a content fragment and I do have a index that covers all of the search via content fragments and pages still not optimal 2) CIF...so I have product pages and the PDP page is pulling information out of Magento. So lets say I want to search on "shirt", I want to return results for every product that is a shirt and any other content that is shirt. Currently it does a magento search then a AEM lucene search. If there was a way for me to add the shirt information from Magento into lucene then I can do 1 search with all the bonuses of Lucene and index manipulation.

Community Advisor
I don't think it will be optimal if we bring all search here.. as in future another system may come and AEM may not your Enterprise search engine.. so I would recommend setting up a dedicated Search Engine and take it from that as a single search

Level 5
yeah I think the best solution is absolutely a solr or similar search index, but if the customer doesn't want to incur the additional cost of me setting up solr and have another VM I was wondering if it is possible. It must be possible to extend index update and add the correct information