Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Logging for AEM 6.0

Level 2

Hi all,

I started writing a custom step workflow to clear the apache cache. I have a few questions as I am finding really hard to find good documentation about it.

1 - Where can I see the logs for the workflow? I tried adding configuration to the Apache Sling Logging Logger Configuration but nothing is coming out in the logs (It's set to debug) I am looking at error.log btw.

2 - Where can I find development based examples for custom workflows? I am working with AEM 6.0 but even 6.4 would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Filipe

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

You can setup a DEBUG logger on the following classes to capture more information related to workflows:

com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.WorkflowSessionImpl

com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job

Check [1] for more details on how to write custom workflows

That being said, AEM 6.0 is no longer supported by Adobe and you should be looking at upgrading to the latest version asap.

[1] Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating custom AEM workflow steps that send email messages

Level 2

Thanks mate. I have actually done that before but it didn't work. I had it pointing to error.log but now I changed it to workflows.log. But still my workflow class is not outputtingScreenshot from 2019-04-09 15-04-05.pngScreenshot from 2019-04-09 13-12-07.png

Community Advisor

to check the logs - please configure the log under system/console click on a sling and then sling log.

create a new log and provide your workflow class. select the log as Debug.

that file will be created in your log folder under quickstart.

if still, the logs are coming then something is a problem with your workflow class. then try to put the logs in initial level and see if the logs are coming in a file.

try to set it to info and error as well. and check whats happening.

Different custom workflows:

1. Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 custom workflow step that uses th...

2. Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager Custom 6.4 Worflow Step with a ...

3. Extending Workflow Functionality

Please let know if you face any issues while configuring the log.

~ Prince

Level 2

This here worked mate!! Thanks! I used my own workflow class to track! Thanks

Level 10

For those reading this - we have plenty of HELXP WORKFLOW use cases - you can google these name to find.

Creating a custom workflow step that uses the MessageGatewayService API 67

Moving Digital Assets using Adobe Experience Manager Workflows 68

Invoking an Adobe Experience Manager Custom 6.4 Workflow from a web page 69

Creating a custom Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Dynamic Participant step 70

Modifying Digital Assets using Adobe Experience Manager Workflows 71

Creating an Adobe Experience Manager Custom 6.4 Worflow Step with a dialog 72

Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 custom workflow step that uses the Externalizer API 73

Replicating Experience Manager Content using the Replication API 74

Retrieving Experience Manager 6.4 Workflow information using the Workflow API 75

Passing Binary Data between Experience Manager Workflow Steps 76