Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Live copy on page with unique ID

Level 2

Hi all, I'm attempting to perform a live copy on a content tree. The issue is that there is a property on these pages which is bound by an oak index that has a uniqueness constraint. I've tried to remove the property via a custom synchronization action, but it seems that this only occurs after the page is copied and the changes are attempted to be committed. This results in an exception during the live copy process.

Is there any way around this?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for asking this question,

My understanding here is that you should be able to put your custom action, before the copy rule. This way based on the rule order first your rule would be invoked, only after which the copy would happen.

Hope this helps, would be actually quite happy, if you could verify and confirm this behaviour.

Regards,

Peter

Employee

It's possible to configure which properties are excluded from the rollout on the Apache Felix Web Management Console.  Go to http://<host>:<port>/system/console/configMgr/com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ContentUpdateActionFactory and edit Excluded Page Properties.

Level 2

My solution ended up being adding my custom live action immediately after the contentCopy action. Previously I tried to apply two separate rollout configs, but when done in this way, the session will be committed in between executing the two configurations.

Thanks for the help!