Expand my Community achievements bar.

Listener to achieve Page Drill down in a dialog

Level 1

HI All,

I have a requirement, when we select a path in a pathField and click on the button in the same panel, a new tab has to be displayed with all the children list.

Example

1493290_pastedImage_0.png

After clicking on Go button, a new tab must be activated which can display the child pages besed on the path we have selected.

1493333_pastedImage_1.png

Please suggest how to write the listener in Classic UI to achieve the same.

Thanks!..

Sunil.

4 Replies

Level 10

This would require a lot of custom code. You would need to query the JCR to get the child pages and then use a custom xtype to write the result set to the classic UI. You will not find much docs on this as Classic UI is not used much anymore as use of Touch UI and Granite UI should be used,

Level 10

Here is an older artilce that shows HOW TO write values to a textfield that may help you -- Scott's Digital Community: Dynamically updating AEM custom xtype fields

Level 1

Can Someone suggest what is the best way to retrieve the children properties of the path selected in Pathfield using javascript.

Level 10

As i mentioned in May - you need to write a custom xtype - if you are using Classic UI. Most of the community works in Touch UI now.  You are still using Classic UI right?