Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Language Copies (binaries)

Level 1

Hi, we are building our blueprint site and setting up english, we understand how to create language copies of assets, but in many cases the images for each language will be the same image so it doesnt make sense to create a new image for each language.

Therefore, what is the best approach that allows us to include these common images into each language? I read on a page that metadata can be used to include the image into other languages, but see no mention of how to do so.

3 Replies

Employee

A similar question is asked in Adobe's "Assets Developer" sample exam:

https://training.adobe.com/certification/exams/aem_assets_developer/_jcr_content/sampleExam

To paraphrase:

"

The DAM Metadata Writeback workflow should be disabled if only translating metadata is needed. Metadata changes after the translation causes a write back to the binary file, which generates adifferent binary for the language copy.

"

Level 1

Hi, dont really know what you mean, i'm not taking an exam... can you elaborate?

Employee

The solution is that the DAM Metadata Writeback workflow should be disabled - by disabling the workflow launcher for it at host:port/workflow under the Launchers tab