Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

JDBC connection issue

Level 2

Hi Team

I'm trying to connect oracle db from AEM end using "JDBC Datasources for the Datasource Pool Service" .

I'm having successful connection for some time after that I'm getting error like ::"SQLException : No more data to read from socket"

to resolve that I'm providing select 1 from dual in OSGI console for validation query but still I'm getting same error to resolve this every time It requires to refresh the bundle.

I'm suing Database: Oracle (ver. Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning.

Any help to resolve this that would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Phani

4 Replies

Level 10

What database driver JAR file are you using? Also - you said it works - is there a time period you notice when it stops working?

Level 1

This issue even we have faced many a times and still facing.

this will start to work when you go and save the datasource. but this is not the solution.

also the link you suggested, has many parameters to set like as below. Need to know how do we setup the additional properties in datasource creation

timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="30000"
  maxActive
="100"
  minIdle
="10"
  maxWait
="10000"
  initialSize
="10"
  removeAbandonedTimeout
="60"
  removeAbandoned
="true"
  logAbandoned
="true"
  minEvictableIdleTimeMillis
="30000"

Level 2

I'm using "ojdbc6", coming to time period  don't have particular time . I could say may be 1 day