Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issues with renaming the model-id of a workflow model

Level 1

Hi All,

As part of our engagement in AEM 6.1, we have created a workflow and this has been deployed in the Production environment. As part of enhancement, the workflow was modified wherein the model-ID was changed and not the name. On deploying this updated version of the workflow, it was noticed that the workflow instances which were in RUNNING state and referencing to the previous version of the workflow were no more visible under the instances tab. Additionally,  the pages which were subjected to the workflow are not able to attached to any new workflow as it fails with the error that “page already subjected to workflow”. Under the instances folder in the CRX, we see the OLD workflows being with the status as “RUNNING”. Even after purging the workflows using the Adobe Granite Workflow Purge Configuration, the instances of the workflow are removed, but the pages which were subjected to this workflow were still facing the same error - “page already subjected to workflow” and no new workflow could be triggered on these pages, thereby putting these pages in a limbo state.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Regards, Amit  

3 Replies

Level 10

We are checking internally to see if this is a known issue. 

Can you clear up why the model-id was changed. 

Level 1

Scott,

Thanks for replying on this. There was no specific reason for the change. As part of the enhancement for the workflow, it was done.

Level 10

I send email to some internal teams - i will post when i hear back - i have never seen this.