I was wondering if it is possible to target and deliver personalized content using Xperinece Fragments? I have requirement to include AEM content in a Non-AEM system along with targeting is possible?
Have tried below steps to check targeting for experience fragments. Please verify if this is what we wanted to check.
- Created two experience fragments (http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/experience-fragments/DemoExperience/my-first-xf.html and http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/experience-fragments/SecondXF/my-second-xf.html)
- Created audience at http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/personalization/touch-ui/content/audiences.html i.e Context Hub Segment with name : firstEF
- For testing on local in order to have this segment resolved (http://localhost:4502/editor.html/etc/segmentation/contexthub/firstef.html
added condition to match postal location with my current location. This resolves this fragment.
- Now added the experirence fragment my-first-xf on http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/we-retail/us/en/experience.html
- Start the targeting mode and there after selecting activity, added experience targeting with firstEF segment. and then made the dropped experience fragment my-first-xf area as target and changed the targeted component variation
- As soon as segment on page got resolved (postal code match in this case), mapped experience fragment content with that audience started becoming visible.
Could you please elaborate more on this option? Is there any documentation available on what to expect in regards to VEC/AEM integration in upcoming releases?
As I see, currently VEC treats AEM-hosted pages the same way, as any other ordinary page(VEC is not aware of AEM components and simply maps to DOM-elements). Is that supposed to change in upcoming releases?
Thanks kautuk for the updates. Sure, Will create a document with screenshots and share the same.
Would it be possible to consume the targeted fragment in any AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages ) using Content As A Service Approach.?
Hi Can you share the document or any sample example you have already created to explain it ?
Re VEC/AEM integration, what would be really nice to have is a way to "publish" a set of experience fragments from AEM, then enable Target to "see" them and freely use as offers in VEC.
I am afraid that we do not have any documentation related to it yet and nor do I have specifics about it. This is still in developing/Ideation state. But, if you need to have some specific suggestion/use-case related to it, you can certainly share it here and I will share it with the team.
Reverted to you over Direct Message.
let me know how to share the word document. Not able to attach here.
Neha, thanks a lot for sharing this here.
Actually, Kiran had this question, and you certainly helped him.This was what i was also proposing.
@nehacms can you please write a document(step by step guide) with video, i will try to publish it as Helpx article on your behalf.
Great community work.
What I meant by "you need to use AEM technology within AEM" is you cannot build them outside of AEM. Sorry for the confusion.
WIth respect to Targeting them - Kautuk informed us that he is looking into this use case. In Theory, it should work.
We can do the targeting on the EF.
For this, create the variations and while targeting you can choose the specific variation based on your condition/audiences.
And if you wan to do this from visual experience composer, then this would come in later releases.
To your point - "you need to use AEM technology within AEM" - I don't agree with that! One of the purpose of Experience Fragments is to provide AEM content to third party consumers. Clearly mentioned here - Experience Fragments
I dont see a reason why Targeting isn't a possibility on Experience Fragments. End of the day Content Fragments are nothing but Page components (without header and footer)
Are you saying it is possible to target the experience fragments inside the AEM? I created a fragment and I was not able to see the Target option on the XF.
Its not possible to use Experience Fragments outside of AEM. I have seen this question pertain to HTL as well- you need to use AEM technology within AEM.