Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Is a sheduler always executed on publish?

Level 4

I have written a sheduler, it seems to run in author instance but not in publish. Is this the normal behavior?

Which JCR is the publish instance using? The data is in author JCR but not in publish JCR.

Are there some steps required to bring the data from author jcr to publish JCR or is it required to activate the sheduler on publish also?

Thanks and regards!

4 Replies

Level 10

IN most cases, scheduler should be executed on Author. This also helps reduce load on Pub.

Level 4

And how is the content brought to pub? is there a mechanism to publish it automatically? It's a scheduler which runs every 15 minutes.

The scheduler only gets data for a servlet.

Level 10

When you run on PUB - what is happening exactly - there is no technical reason why it will not work on PUB.

Community Advisor

Hi Tom

If the scheduler pulls in some data, run it in author and then replicate it to publish instances. This forum question and corresponding answers have almost all your answers I believe Programatically replicate a page

Let me know if you need more info

Thanks

Veena