Expand my Community achievements bar.

inplaceEditing in Touch UI

Level 2

Hi all,

I have a component with an inplaceEditing configuration which can now be edited in Touch UI through the RTE.

This component has a specific layout, with an image on the background and the text on the right. When I lazy double click the component to enter in the inplace editing, the component is being hidden and the IPE is replacing the component. When I finish editing and I click outside, then the component is back in screen with the text updates.

I would like to have the IPE in a specific <p> of my component, so that the user can still see the whole component while typing in the IPE. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Alessandro

2 Replies

Level 10

Can you share the props you used for the cq:inplaceEditing node. The props are listed here:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/components.html

In addition - you stated:

I would like to have the IPE in a specific <p> of my component, so that the user can still see the whole component while typing in the IPE. Is there any way to achieve this?

Please post a screen shot of what what is occurring when a user types in the component.

Thank you!

Level 2

Properties are:

- active = true
- editorType = text
- configPath = ../../dialog/items/tab1/items/text

Please find attached the screenshots of the component before editing and while editing. As you can see the inplace editor is replacing my component.

Thanks