Expand my Community achievements bar.

Inplace migration

Level 4

Hi,

I upgraded CQ from 5.56 to 6.2 version by inplace migration method.

The size of repository is around :20 GB

I up the jar with following parameter:java -jar quickstart -r crx3,crx3mongo

In stderr.log:-Exception in thread "discovery.connectors.common.runner.f8601d14-6d89-49a5-8a03-24e5a8839ede.discoveryLiteCheck" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

What does it mean?

In error.log:-30.11.2016 08:02:01.262 *ERROR* [sling-default-1081-Registered Service.270] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler Exception during job execution of org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate@396ac897 : com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError: com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError: com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError: com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2197)

DO i need  to run jar with additional parameter?

Also in error.log file:- 

*WARN* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.JobManagerImpl Discarding job - no job id found : /var/eventing/jobs/anon/f8601d14-6d89-49a5-8a03-24e5a8839ede/2016/11/29/12/49/com.day.cq.replication.job.publish_12984

It is warning related to what?

Thanks

3 Replies

Employee

Hi,

can you give some more details about what topology you are moving to in 6.2? from your start command it seems you are moving to Mongo? IS this right. What steps did you follow to do the upgrade?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 4

Ya it is right we are moving to mongo.

Steps that i have followed:-

1). Place the latest aem jar file parallel to it.

2) disable custom authenticaiton. i.e repository.xml

Run the following commands:

3). java -jar aem.jar -unpack

4) java -jar aem.jar -v -x crx2oak

under crx2oak folder crx2oak.properties file modified.

5). java -jar aem.jar -v -x crx2oak

6).java -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048M -jar aem.jar -v -x crx2oak -xargs -- -o migrate

7). java -jar aem.jar -r crx3,crx3mongo

That steps i followed to upgrade it.

When i run 7 step with following commands:-

java -jar -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048 -jar aem.jar -r crx3,crx3mongo

It succesfully migrated.

One more issue i have:-

After step 6, i have to delete some reduntant folder in repository folder eveything expect:

• crx-quickstart/repository/index
  • crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore

But there is no such folder that what do i have to delee it.

It up with error?

Thanks.