I am following this link to migrate a repository from crx2 to oak https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/deploy/upgrade.html.
1. Stop the aem5.6.1 instance
2. Place the aem6.2 jar placed next to the aem5.6 crx-quickstart folder.
3. java -jar aem-quickstart-6.2.0.jar -unpack
4. java -jar aem-quickstart-6.2.0.jar -v -x crx2oak
5. java -jar aem-quickstart-6.2.0.jar -v -x crx2oak
6. java -Xmx16G -XX:MaxPermSize=2048M -jar aem-quickstart-6.2.0.jar -v -x crx2oak -xargs -- -o migrate
I am watching the migration logs. It's still writing. I have a couple of questions here.
1. How can I sure that migration completed.? How many days it will take to complete the migration. My repository size is 250GB in AEM5.6
Logs from upgrade.log: 14.12.2016 05:40:26.288 *INFO* [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate] IndexUpdate.java:476 /oak:index/jcrFrozenMixinTypes => Indexed 2460000 nodes in 13.57 s ...
14.12.2016 05:40:27.447 *INFO* [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.RepositoryUpgrade] RepositoryUpgrade.java:547 Updating indexes \___/
14.12.2016 05:40:28.613 *INFO* [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate] ProgressNotificationEditor.java:53 Reindexing Traversed #3680000 /jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage/a2/2f/44/a22f4449-cbbf-484d-8cbe-3365b2a23e77/1.13/jcr:frozenNode/bodyPar
14.12.2016 05:40:28.642 *INFO* [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate] IndexUpdate.java:476 /oak:index/uuid => Indexed 3630000 nodes in 10.24 s ...
2. Parallel to migration can I run the upgrade command java -jar aem-quickstart-6.2.0.jar -r author,crx3,crx3mongo,nosamplecontent?
It's very urgent.
Thanks In Advance.
1. it appears re-indexing is currently running from log snippet of upgrade.log so once logs movement stops it is not completed.
2. no please do not run upgrade let the migration complete first successfully
You may check next section if there are issues with migration - https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/deploy/upgrade.html#Analyzing Issues With The Upgrade
You are right. After the 4 re-indexing completed. I started upgrading other parts as well.
Thanks for the support and suggestions.