Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Indexing AEM6 Content in Remote SOLR

Level 1

I know there are several similar posts already but I'm still looking for some definitive answers to the below please anyone:-

1.) So AEM 6 ships with OOTB support for SOLR - but what does this mean exactly?

A. The OOTB functionality is just to support creating/maintaining an internal or external index of OAK meta-data to support querying OAK?

B.  Does it also allow me to index page content (with a configurable schema) in a remote SOLR instance?

2.) I want to index my AEM 6 page content (during activation workflow) by pushing to a remote SOLR instance. This is to drive an existing site search built outside of my AEM 6 instance. Does anyone know if there is any OOTB support for helping me index page content in a remote SOLR instance?

3.) I am aware of this project already - http://www.aemsolrsearch.com/#/
    Is the general opinion that this is the best resource we currently have for building a site search solution for AEM6?

I cannot believe - given the cost of licensing AEM6 - that support for building a site search with de-facto technologies such as SOLR had to be provided by a third-party.END OF RANT!

Any advice/abuse appreciated!

cheers

0 Replies