Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

IMMERSE 2017 - Community Input

Employee

The IMMERSE agenda is being finalized and I am very excited about the content and learning opportunities for our AEM Devs!!! For the 2nd IMMERSE we have moved to a new platform that I think everyone will really like. The agenda builder is very user friendly. We are also adding Networking lounges so you can chat with peers an exhibit hall which will enable you to learn about the Experience Manager ecosystem and daily Birds-of-a-feather round table discussions. I want to make sure you the community members get the most out of IMMERSE so I would appreciate your input for topics for our round table discussions. Please let me know topics you would like to hear about from your peers and Adobe experts by commenting on this thread. For example, what are challenges your facing that you would like to hear how other are addressing? BTW early bird pricing ends on 1/ 31/17 use promo code AI_UG_01 for a $50.00 discount.

36 Replies

Administrator

This seems to be really exciting!!

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Can you please cover what's new in JS side of Granite library and direction you are heading with Granite?

The official 'publicly-open' documentation on this area's of '/etc/clientlibs/granite', '/libs/granite/ui' covers only 2-5%(IMHO, compared to docs you could openly find on legacy xtype system) of the code base you actually have in Granite AEM.

Being able to understand the direction you are heading, with at least some part of functions that you think would stay from version to version would be great .

If you could get someone who actually commits code to '/etc/clientlibs/granite' area of architecture/development side would be lovely.

Thanks,

Peter

Level 5

Hi Charlie,

I would like to know about the new features that has been introduced,

1. Integrations with another systems like translators
  2. ContextHub usage comparing to ClientContext 
  3. Touch UI development best practices and known bugs of AEM.

~Kk

Level 10

We can also look at covering this with AEM Ask the Community Experts. This is a really good suggestion. 

Level 9

We would like to know about techniques to optimise the page speed.

Thanks,

Kishore

Level 3

Hi,

This seems like a great collaborative initiative to build an Agenda.

Please do consider sharing details on the usage of ContextHub in AEM 6.2 (& onwards) and also how can we utilize the target component (as teaser component seems to be deprecated) to present personalized offer content to users using ContextHub and not Target.

Thanks,

Level 1

Hi Charlie,

I would like to hear more about:

- Single Page Application and AEM 6.x - different approaches, comparison, benefits, roadblocks.

- Best practices to upgrade (not backward compatible) components in production environment.

Thanks,

Krassimir

Level 2

I would love to see best practices or tips and tricks for AEM -> Adobe Campaign integration.

Cheers.

Level 2

Functionality overlap between AEM and Target Personalization. When to use what?

AEM Personalization in the context of Multi site management.

Scaling AEM author, direction on mongo, clustering in future?

Best practices for e commerce implementations (what is the direction with Hybris integration? IBM Web sphere?)

AEM for intranet portals with features like personalized content based on employee profile, content show/hide based on role based on GEOs, Integrations with share point cloud etc.

Level 1

Hi Charlie,

I am interested in some topic relative to Testing Your UI Using Automated Tests.

Following the adobe instruction

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/develop/components/hobbes.html

I did some test it seem only works on the Demo site.

Thanks,

Maggie

Level 1

I would like to hear an update on the RDBMS Microkernel.  We are frustrated with tar and not thrilled with mongo...  I keep hearing about others... coming soon.... where is this? What are some real world experiences with it? Still bleeding edge or is it really ready?  Is Adobe in a committed relationship or just flirting with other technology beyond tar and mongo?

Level 2

Hi Charlie,

I think this is about the IMMERSE 2017 starting 15th May 2017, i would like to see a discussion on

Capacity planning of AEM Author/publish server

Recommended topology / best practices

Level 4
                                I'm looking forward to this! We are implementing AEM, and could have used information such as Introduction to Templates, Building Componenets, and information on how Theme Editor and Tempate Editor interact. As for the Agenda Builder, it seems odd that the actual builder has some UI issues: 1. not resizable, so users have to scroll more 2. not responsive - on smaller screens the window can be cut off - inline style of height: 387px?? 3. the tabs at the top (Keynotes, Techniques, etc.) do not highlight, so hard to tell which path one is in 4. no "All" feature showing the entire schedule so could map out a day's seminar easily if taking items from different tracks. I'm hoping IMMERSE 2018 will have a better UI experience than this.

Employee

Chris,

I am really excited about IMMERSE as well. This is a new venue for us and your feedback is really helpful for the platform developers and how we set up for next year.

Hope we can meet in one of our Networking Lounges during the week.

Charlie

Charlie, I hope we run across each other as well. I am always available for UX feedback - I have 15 years web experience, mostly in e-commerce so we really had to be on the ball with that. :)

Two more questions about IMMERSE:

1. Some of the sessions I'd like to attend are very late night or early morning. Will these be recorded and available for later viewing?
  2. On the IMMERSE portal, Need Help and Help Desk links both just open up Google home page (IE), or do nothing (Chrome). Also, popup blocker is not allowing access - rather than popups, modal overlays may be better? Thanks! 

Employee

All the sessions will be recorded and available within 2 hours of the sessions ending. The help desk, and other sections of the venue, will be opened on May 14th at 7:30 PM PDT with the start of the IMMERSE sessions in India Standard Time.

Excellent. I wasn't looking forward to getting up at 3 am to partake in some of the sessions! ;)

Employee

Dang I was hoping that more would be joining me for a week of sleep deprivation :-)

Level 3

I was wondering if the sessions are available to check online already?

I could only find the ones from last year Immerse On Demand Recordings