I'm trying to find the cause of an issue, and I don't really know where to look. If I do the following, the functionality works as expected:
1. install AEM (6.5) on my development machine
2. create a content fragment model that includes a mulit-line field
3. use that cf model to create a cf in /content/dam/we-retail/en/people/mens, adding text and image to the multi-line field.
4. create a page under /content/we-retail/us/en/men using content page template
5. add a content fragment component to the new page and link it to the cf created in step 2 and 3, select single text element, and choose the content in the multi-line field.
The text and image from the content fragment appear on the page.
After I "mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage" a project my team is working on, if I repeat the same steps, the text from the content fragment will show up on the page, but not the image. Given those results, I believe something in our project must be causing this problem, but I don't know where to look to find that cause. I'm looking through the error.txt file in \crx-quickstart\logs and see messages that appear to be about my content fragment and/or page like:
05.06.2020 13:06:33.075 *WARN* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1  GET /content/we-retail/us/en/men/after-install.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.LiveRelationshipManagerImpl StarResource given at /content/we-retail/us/en/men/after-install/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/contentfragment/par0/*: no parent: no LiveCopy
There might be issue with synchronisation, Please verify that the images in your project (/content/dam/<project>) will also be present in the backend (ui.apps/.../jcr_root/dam/<project>). There is a high possibility that Assets are not present in ui.apps and it's going to delete the assets in AEM when you fire -PautoInstallPackage.
If you are using vault then please check the filter files as well
@mpalme1 The way your image is stored in a page is by storing its reference. So, you first go to crx/de and investigate content/we-retail/us/en/men/after-install/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/contentfragment. Do you see the image reference?
If you see the image reference, then check for the image. Is it available at its location?