Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

HTTP ERROR 503 while launching publish server instance

Level 1

Hi,

I am setting up the AEM instance first time for my learning and following this guideline

Deploying and Maintaining

section - Author and Publish installs.

when running the localhost:4503.. i have getting the below error on the browser.

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /. Reason:

AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

Please suggest if i'm missing anything.

Thanks,

4 Replies

Administrator
  • Check whether your Apache Sling Authentication Service Bundle is active or not. You can check at localhost:4502/system/console/bundles, if it is not active then try to activate it manually.

If the bundle is active and you still get the issue then other solution is to re-index your repository.

Refer to following article for How to re-index AEM Repository: Adobe CQ/Adobe AEM: How to rebuild index in CQ5 / WEM

• you may find it useful to find AuthenticationService in "Services" tab of Felix Console and a component that corresponds to the service. Then you should go to "Components" tab of Felix Console and find that component and check if it's running or not. If it's stopeed then what are unresolved dependencies.

If problem still persist, then please create a support ticket for this - aem6.3 - AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request 

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Thanks for the response.

sling Auth is active. btw, do i need to move/copy the publish instance and the crx jar file in a different folder to make publish instance running.

it is fresh install, do you still suggest to rebuild the indexes.?

Level 10

As a fresh install - all you need to do is click the JAR to start AEM.

ACLICK.png

Level 10

And if you want to start PUB - move to a different folder and click the JAR - change the file name too to reflect the port.