Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to restrict tools bar actions from Assets menu

Community Advisor

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we need to disabled options (Share, Chekout, To Collections, Move etc)from Asset menu. Please advise.

http://localhost:4502/assetdetails.html/content/dam/we-retail-screens/we-retail-instore-logo.png

1362477_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

Siva

4 Replies

Employee

You can use render conditions to do this. The button will be shown if the render condition returns true. There are different render conditions ootb. See which one suits your need. You can create a custom render condition as well. Overlay the appropriate node to /apps and add the render condition. You can refer to /libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions/moveasset/granite:rendercondition/privilege.
1362559_pastedImage_0.png

Level 10

If you simply want to disable those, you can overlay /libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions

and add disabled (boolean) = true for these actions

1362578_pastedImage_4.png

1362547_pastedImage_0.png

If these are based on user or some condition, you can leverage render conditions in AEM

Community Advisor

Thanks for your prompt response.

But i'm not able to disable 'Share', Annotate, Add Rendition option even though i've added disabled property 'true'. please advise.

Community Advisor

Can you please advise why the 'Share', 'Annotate' options are not disabled?