Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

how to read tags located outside /etc/tags?

Level 3

Hello

We are migrating AEM5.3 to 5.6.1.

We manage customized tags outside /etc/tags like /content/metadata.

It works fine in AEM5.3 when we set tagsBasePath:/content/metadata in CQ taggingg.TagInputField. But it does not work in AEM5.6.1.

Can you please how to make it work in AEM5.6.1 without moving this customized tags to /etc/tags?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Tags in CQ must be in the repository, under /etc/tags.  Can you file daycare with use case details & what made to maintain their taxonomy tree outside of /etc/tags

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

Can you create osgi:Config for com.day.cq.tagging.impl.JcrTagManagerFactoryImpl and set property base.path as you custom tag path and see if that works. You can find these property under /system/console Component tab and search for JcrTagManagerFactoryImpl. But I am not sure if there is another code that assume tags are present under /etc/tags.

Yogesh

Correct answer by
Level 10

Tags in CQ must be in the repository, under /etc/tags.  Can you file daycare with use case details & what made to maintain their taxonomy tree outside of /etc/tags

Level 3

Thank you for your reply.

I think it is necessary to explain more in detail.

We have tags under /etc/tags, but for some reasons, we need to replicate those tags to under /content/data/metadata where we modify some or deactivate.

Some applications need to use those metadata under /content/data/metadata and in custom page dialog, we have one of fields called metadata which is selected only from metadata. In order to do it, we set /content/data/metadata as tagsBasePath in custom page dialog and also set namespaces. It works in AEM5.2.1 and AEM5.3.

Now we are migrating to AEM5.6.1 and found that it does not work anymore.

Is there a way to get it work in AEM5.6.1 with no structure change?

We tried to overlay cq/tagging/widgets with old version but it does not work.

Thanks in advance.

Level 10

AFAIK It is not supported from 5.5 onwards & has to be in single location.  That is the reason I am asking to file a daycare ticket because complexity comes to manage sycing two taxnomy in different structures.

Level 3

Thank you. I will open a ticket for it.