Expand my Community achievements bar.

how to overwrite author in blogs

Level 1

I want to change the author name of blogs(Social communities available with AEM) saved at jcr node with my custom component, but where could i update the author name in blogs code in AEM 6.1 for saving in jcr node

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi Prakash,

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.  Since the implementation of Blog changed as of AEM 6.1, please provide more information as to the version of AEM you're using and your custom component.

Thanks,

JK

Level 3

Is the name baked into a component (I'm not really familiar with AEM Communities)?

Level 9

I'm going to move this thread to the AEM Communities topic.

The README pinned to the top of the topic has some helpful resources to get started.

The latest blog feature is authored in the publish environment and supports specifying a different name under which the blog article is published.  It's "baked in" in the sense that it becomes identified as user generated content (UGC) and the path to that content includes the author's id.

You can play with it using the Community Components guide and poke around the repository (JCR) using CRXDE Lite.

If you want a simple tutorial for setting up your own community site that includes the blog feature, try the Getting Started tutorial.

- JK