Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to integrate AEM communities with separate site?

Level 4

Hi,

I'm working with AEM 6.2 version, and I've followed https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/communities/getting-started.html, for implementing AEM communities. I'm seeing that a new console is being created while I'm dealing with AEM communities, is there a way to integrate it with separate site?

Regrads,

Vasim

5 Replies

Level 4

Use case scenario: I will have a page with header and footer and some content between them. In another page of same site I want to use the AEM communities features with same header and footer.

Level 9

My first post got deleted. Sorry about that. One bug exist in this forum. Will post it later.

In my view, this is fairly easy to design. Follow below steps to do so:

• Make sure you have header & footer as reference component. So that you can render complete header as code snippet. like http://localhost:4502/content/geo/en/par/header.html
  • Similar goes to footer component.
  • You can create header & footer as AEM pages to serve header & footer content.
  • Idea is to get header & footer as content fragment. And embed anywhere you want. This way header's will also be cacheable.

If you are using AEM 6.2, there is concept introduced called Content fragment. You can google it.

if you still see the issue, you can call me on +91 880 2504597 number.

vasimakram wrote...

Use case scenario: I will have a page with header and footer and some content between them. In another page of same site I want to use the AEM communities features with same header and footer.

Employee

AEM Communities components are just normal components so they can be put on any AEM page. But they're easiest to manage if you use the Communities wizards. We generally recommend using the wizard to create subsite or sub group areas under your page tree. The pages can be customized with overlays in the /apps directory to achieve whatever custom appearance/layout you like. Perhaps you can share a little more detail about what you're trying to do and we can help more

Don

Level 4

In my webpage it should allow social login.
Logged users should be able to create new events and it should be managed by moderators.

Thanks,

vasim

Level 9

Hi Vasim,

You get all that and more if you create your community site using the wizard.

One way to learn more is looking at the README pinned to the top of the AEM Communities topic.

There are links to videos and documentation.

- JK