Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to hide a specific path under : aem/tags

Level 2

How to hide a specific path under : aem/tags

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

"Tags can be applied by authors and site visitors. Irrespective of their creator, all forms of tags are made available for selection, both when assigning to a page, or when searching."

- source: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/contentmanagement/tags.h... 

I have a technique to avoid selecting unintended tags:

1. change your tag field on page properties to a selection field instead typing/choosing a tag. (simple)
  2. Assign read/write permission to the specific tags to a certain user group, so either anonymous group or even author group couldn't select them or use them.(recommended)
  3. Write a listener which looks for tagging events and validate the tags – remove/keep them accordingly with tag manager api (Not worth of putting that effort in my honest opinion)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you be more specific? 

Hide from what? you don't want these tags to be displayed or what?

Level 2

yes @B_Sravan , I don't want these tags to be displayed.

When we open page properties and select the Tags from available List of "Tags"

In this list of "Tags" I don't want an specific Tag to be displayed.

I want that Tag to become un-available under that List of Tags.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

"Tags can be applied by authors and site visitors. Irrespective of their creator, all forms of tags are made available for selection, both when assigning to a page, or when searching."

- source: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/contentmanagement/tags.h... 

I have a technique to avoid selecting unintended tags:

1. change your tag field on page properties to a selection field instead typing/choosing a tag. (simple)
  2. Assign read/write permission to the specific tags to a certain user group, so either anonymous group or even author group couldn't select them or use them.(recommended)
  3. Write a listener which looks for tagging events and validate the tags – remove/keep them accordingly with tag manager api (Not worth of putting that effort in my honest opinion)

Community Advisor

Hey @karuna , Are you looking for ACL to show/hide certain AEM tags based on user groups?

All AEM tags will be under /content/cq:tags/, you use AEM groups todo that..

Level 2

Hi @sha ,

I am looking for generic once, not specific to any particular User Group.