Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How to enable coral-quickactions based on user logged in group?

Level 3

I want author users of only some specific security groups to be able to edit and modify community sites. How can I make it so it sown ONLY when the logged in user on author is in a certain security group?

Example -

Scenario: Two authors (author-A & author-B) and two community sites (site-A and site-B)

Use Case: Security user author-A will only be able to edit and modify site-A and author-B be able to edit and modify site-B

image001.png

Result should be that user author-A only sees coral-quickactions on a community site card if they are part a the security group called 'site-A'

Is there any way I can restrict authoring based on community site instead it being that Community Administrator will see action items on all community site cards?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

This can be done by overlaying /libs/cq/gui/components/coral/admin/page/card/card.jsp

Since this is the common file, you need to put conditions based on landing page and user.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

Arun is correct - you need to override this file.

Level 3

Thanks Arun, but I'm more trying to explicitly control it from /libs/social/console/components/hbs/sitecollection

I know I have to overlay it but I'm unsure how to inject this logic onto the page, do you have any insight on how I can translate the control logic on the action button based on the author's group membership?

Community Advisor

Hi,

I think communities uses handlebars js, I never tried creating/updating community handlebar code.

I can only point you out to articles available on internet Social Component Framework

Arun Patidar