There are many articles on how to integrate Adobe Target, but I could not find any explaining how to correctly delete the integration. I wonder if you could share your experience on the following?
The integration which you are talking here is in between AEM-Target Classic. Target Classic would be decommissioned very soon. So, I would recommend you to go with AEM-Target Standard way via DTM . Here everything is very manageable and can be easily deleted from Target's interface.
Please find answer inline:
1.How to unpublish the integration from all site pages?
KS: Go to the PageProperty of the Site/Page -> Cloud services -> Remove Adobe Target config
2.How to deactivate and delete all activities? Is there a bulk approach for that?
KS: You can easily do it by going to http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/personalization/touch-ui/content/activities.html -> select your folder -> select the activity -> on top there you can see the delete button
3.How to delete all audiences?
KS:- Delete it from Target side is using Target Classic  (Segments -> Segments List -> deleting that Segment).
4.How to delete the integration?
KS: Go to http://localhost:4502/miscadmin#/etc/cloudservices/testandtarget here you will be able to see all the Adobe Target Connector created. Go ahead and delete it.
I hope this would help. Recommended and best way would be to go with AEM-Target Standard way via DTM.
Can you please share the response from the Support? This would help AEM community.
We can add you to the Target Classic API Migration - Customer Extensions list which will allow you to use target classic for integration. Can you please message me your ClientCode, number of admins, AEM version, Adobe Contact point (account manager, MAS, TAM, CSM).
1. This should be working. Can you confirm if you are getting any errors while deactivating in error.log and console? Also, try clearing
2. I have not faced it. This could be a bug, but unless I able to reproduce it I can not comment on it.
3. Yes, I am aware of it. That's why I stated use Adobe Target via DTM.
4. If your use-case is to only turn off the Targeting from the site then Go to the PageProperty of the Site/Page -> Cloud services -> Remove Adobe Target config. No need to delete connector configuration. But you can go ahead and also remove it if you want. It should not create any issue.
5. Yes, it is a workaround. You need to do everything from Target's Interface.
I am myself is not aware what is the new way of AEM-Target integration. Let me try to poke internal management on this. But in meanwhile please go ahead and create a support ticket for this.
Hi kautuksahni ,
Thank you for the answers! Could you elaborate more on them?
1. I tried that method, but after unpublishing the root page the cloud service was setup for (e.g. we-retail) the JS libraries kept working on Publisher. Is there anything else needed to be done unplug the integration?
2. I faced a situation that after such a bulk deletion in AEM a few AT activities remained live in AT UI. I wonder if you know what could cause that and how to clean the remained activities now from AT UI?
3. The access to Classic version does not allow to manage the audiences (it is impossible to remove anything) because all users now have read access as of 17-Oct (see Target Release Notes). I wonder what should we do after 14-Nov since the access to Classic UI will be blocked.
4. Could you confirm that removing connectors will not affect anything that might still require synchronization with Target? I am asking because everything that was created from within AEM UI is not editable from AT UI.
5. I am not sure I understand your recommendation about AEM-Target Standard via DTM. As I understand it is not the Target integration but Target implementation via DTM that will be added to the site. If that's accurate, how will it allow to run XT and A/B test activities from withing AEM UI?
Yes, I was referring to Target Integration with AEM.
Could you give me a tip on where the Cloud Config should be turned off?
I presume that this will not clean activities & audiences created from within AEM. Is there a way for making a full clean up?
Are you referring to Target Integration with AEM?
If that's the case, you can turn off Cloud Config in AEM or DTM configs wherever Target is integrated.