Expand my Community achievements bar.

how servlet is registered

Level 3

Hi,

I referred h following helpx doc to create an osgi service

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating your first Adobe Experience Manager Service using an Maven ...

In the  above specified method i don understand how my service is being registered.

Needed help in understanding how the above service is being registered.

I read in most  of the articles that the service can be registered by ASSIGNING SOME INTERFACE  , BY BUNDLEACTIVATOR etc.. when these comes in to picture and in which phase of

I didnt really understand how they work.

Guidance will be most helpfull.

thanks

3 Replies

Level 10

This is all explained in this Sling Documentation:

Apache Sling :: Servlets and Scripts

Most HELPX articles use Sling Resources or Sling Paths - as explained in this doc topic.

Community Advisor

For you to understand the services clearly, you need to understand the same from OSGI perspective. It is basically object instance registered in Felix Console. I think it would be better for you to read some documentation around the same to start with . https://osgi.org/download/osgi.core-7.0.0-early-draft-2017-10.pdf  This is a draft version I took from the OSGI website, and page 133 specifies you what exactly a service is in OSGI perspective. That said, for you to register any class as service you need to have atleast 1 interface.

Once you have the interface/s ready , you can implement those to a service using @Service (this is now an old approach using Apache Felix Maven SCR ) Going forward , we need to use OSGI annotations according to OSGI R6 specifications , using which you need to use the below syntax to implement any interface as service

You can read more about these changes here Official OSGi Declarative Services Annotations in AEM - Adobe Experience Manager | AEM/CQ | Apache S...  .  Not with regard to AEM, but a general understanding of OSGI Services can be acheibed using tutorials by Lars Vogel OSGi Services - Tutorial . Hope this helps. Let me knwo if you need more information