Expand my Community achievements bar.

How can I reduce datastore and segmentstore in repository?

Level 4

Hello Everyone,

I have a question.

How can I reduce datas in C:\Adobe\AEM\Author\crx-quickstart\repository\datastore?

1617305_pastedImage_1.png

How can I reduce datas in C:\Adobe\AEM\Author\crx-quickstart\repository\segmentstore?

1617306_pastedImage_2.png

That's because my hdd disk space is full  now.

I have already tried with the below urls.

Running Data Store Garbage Collection via the Operations Dashboard

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/administering/using/data-store-garbage-collecti...

1617307_pastedImage_3.png

How to Run Online Revision Cleanup

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/experience-manager/6-3/sites/deploying/using/revision-cleanup.html#HowtoR...

1617308_pastedImage_4.png

But I have just reduced 1G of 34G  in datastore and segmentstore on Author with this solutions.

I want to reduce more in datastore and segmentstore.

Regards

Chung Yong

4 Replies

Level 10

See this document to help you maintain the AEM repository -- Storage Elements in AEM 6.3

Level 4

Hello Macdonald,

As you recommended me, I referenced Storage Elements in AEM 6.3

But I have just reduced 0.1G of 34G  in datastore and segmentstore on Author with this solutions.

I want to reduce more in datastore and segmentstore.

Regards

Chung Yong

Level 5

Hello Chung,

Firstly, please confirm that you're on AEM 6.3.

Your best bet would be to perform Offline Revision cleanup and then run Datastore Garbage Collection.

Perform offline compaction using steps below

- Go to /system/console/bundles and note down the version of org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-core bundle

- Download the oak-run version matching the version of oak core collected in step above. You can download the oak-run tool from [1]

- Run this command to collect checkpoints and remove unreferences checkpoints -> java -jar oak-run-1.x.x.jar checkpoints <AEM install-folder>/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore rm-unreferenced

- Run this command to perform offline compaction -> java -jar oak-run-1.x.x.jar compact <AEM install-folder>/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore

Best Regards,

Aneet Arora

[1] Maven Repository: org.apache.jackrabbit » oak-run