Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Hobbes.js

Level 2

Hi,

I am using hobbes.js and i heard it is going to be deprecated 6.5 onwards. I would like to know if it's ok to continue using that or should look other option.

Also if possible can i run hobbes.js test in  parallel.

thanks,

Raj

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

From AEM 6.5 onwards, the hobbes.js UI testing framework is deprecated. Adobe does not plan to make further enhancements to it and recommends customers to use Selenium automation.

Yes you can run Hobbes and Selenium Test parallel.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

From AEM 6.5 onwards, the hobbes.js UI testing framework is deprecated. Adobe does not plan to make further enhancements to it and recommends customers to use Selenium automation.

Yes you can run Hobbes and Selenium Test parallel.

Arun Patidar

Level 2
I want to run hobbes test in parallel? Right now from test console they are single threaded. any pointers.

Level 2

AEM documentation makes it clear that Hobbes.js is deprecated.  It says to use Selenium.  However, nowhere in the documentation can I find HOW to use Selenium within AEM and there are no examples.  When I look for examples of using Selenium, as example to test AEM Editor mode, I'm directed to Bobcat.  It seems like AEM should provide a tutorial if they suggest Selenium?

Level 1

Hi Jason,

Any idea if this documentation has been completed? I have been looking for the documents but I still can't find any example of these done in Selenium. Any leads are really appreciated. Thank you.