Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

HELP PLEASE! I have a page in CQ that I can not delete

Level 2

HELP! I have a page in CQ that I can not delete. I have deleted all the other pages that cascade below. I have deleted all others in the same tree..BUT I can not delete the actual page. I also have deleted everything within the page. Still no luck. When I select delete, it asks me if I am sure. I click on yes....and then "loading" spins infinitely.

22 Replies

Level 7

have you checked the error log? What kind of error you are getting over there?

Also make sure that the page your are trying to delete is not referenced anywhere else. In that scenario it wont allow you to delete the page.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 2

Thanks so much for replying! I'm a newbie, so how do I check to see where it is referenced...and where the errors are? I have selected the "references" under tools but the box opens up blank. So im assuming it is not referenced. I should also qualify that I am using this tool as an admin/user, but not super user....so is there something back end that I cant access? THANKS!!!!

Level 10

As @Tuhin mentioned, please check the logs for any errors.

Also, please try once after refreshing the instance.

Thanks..I have refreshed multiple times...I have closed out and restarted AEM. I have tried for multiple days / sessions with no luck

Level 10

Delete the page node under /content - that will delete the page. 

Thanks Scott!I have attempted that many times with no luck. All other pages delete fine. This one is not cooperating.

When I attempt to "move" to change the name or actually move, the "loading references" just spins and spins too...

It finally stopped spinning and gave me an error prompt but no error. It simply has an exclamation point icon in a yellow triangle.

Level 7
        As a last resort try to delete the page from crxde. Though its not a recommend approach but still if your only goal is to delete the page, it might help you out. Thanks Tuhin

Level 2

Tuhin Ghosh wrote...

As a last resort try to delete the page from crxde. Though its not a recommend approach but still if your only goal is to delete the page, it might help you out. Thanks Tuhin

Thanks Tuhin...Where will I find crxde?

Administrator

George Arco wrote...

Tuhin Ghosh wrote...

Thanks Tuhin...Where will I find crxde?

Crxde Lite :- http://localhost:4502/crx/de/index.jsp

Go to Content/....<page you want to delete> , right click to the node and delete it and finally click save all.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Ive attempted this with no success either....Below is the message...

ERROR:

Could not save changes. Received 403 (Forbidden) for saving changes in workspace crx.default. /var/linkchecker/.....: not allowed to remove item

Suggestions?

Level 7

I take it that you have to access in nodes that you trying to delete. Now as I have mentioned, is this page of yours have been linked in any of the other pages ? In that case you might have this error. Otherwise from crxde lite you should be able to delete any pages.

Level 2

Unfortunately when I look for "references", it spins to an error. Is there another way to see what is linked and/or simply unlink without knowing? THANKS for all of your comments!

Level 7

Try this code::

import javax.jcr.Repository; 
import javax.jcr.Session; 
import javax.jcr.SimpleCredentials; 
import javax.jcr.Node; 
import org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.JcrUtils;

public class DeletePage{

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { 
Repository repository = JcrUtils.getRepository("http://localhost:4502/crx/server");
javax.jcr.Session jcrSession = repository.login( new SimpleCredentials("admin", "admin".toCharArray())); 
Node yourNode = jcrSession.getNode("/content/path to the node");
yourNode.remove();
session.save(); 
session.logout();
}

}

There might be some syntax error as I have written it in a notepad.

make sure the imports are present. 

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 7

Its a java main class. you can place it in eclipse and run. If you are not a developer please get in touch with one.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 7
        Local host:4502/crx/de/index.jsp But if you have not used crxde before I would recommend not to use it or to seek help from someone who is familiar with it.

Level 2

Agreed..I don't want to foul up the entire site. I will send this upstream to one of the superusers, and hopefully they know what it is and can help. THANKS!!

Level 9

Hi,

Just a pointer.

Are any kind of workflows initiated on that page. The workflow might have got stuck, due to which it is preventing the page from being deleted.