I have a problem with the Hebrew translation. I added the language "he" to /etc/languages. I also added the translations to the dictionary, but AEM is returning the default entries.
After a little more research, AEM is trying to find the translation for "iw" (the old iso code for the Hebrew language) instead of "he" (the new iso code for Hebrew). If you add "iw" to /etc/languages and then add the translation for iw language (using the translation tool /libs/cq/i18n/translator.html), it works fine. But I need it to add HE.
I'm using language masters pages. But i also tried adding jcr:language="he" to my page.
Unfortunately I think you will have to use iw in the dictionary, but can use he for your site structure. We had the same issue and had to add iw-il to /etc/languages and an iw_il node under /apps/wcm/core/resources/languages like so: