Expand my Community achievements bar.

granite saml package -> AEM 6.1 vs. AEM 6.2

Level 2

Hello,

I would have a question concerning AEM 6.1. vs AEM 6.2 concerning the granite saml- jar/package. I have developed a bundle for AEM 6.1 where I used granite saml and it all worked fine.

I have deployed my bundle in AEM 6.1 environment and all was fine. Now I have tried to deploy the same bundle in AEM 6.2 environment and I got the following fault -> attached.

com.adobe.granite.auth.saml.model, version=[0.3,1) -- Cannot be resolved

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here. Has this package changed from AEM version 6.1 to AEM version 6.2?

Thanks a lot for help!

Max

6 Replies

Employee

What version of the granite same package did you include in your pom file? As you probably figured out, only versions between 0.3 and 1 are supported in AEM 6.2

Regards,

Opkar

Administrator

Hi

1. Go to dependency finder:- http://localhost:4502/system/console/depfinder

2. Add "com.adobe.granite.auth.saml.model" and click Find.

3. Result would be the Maven Dependency

For 6.2, Maven dependency is :- 

<dependency> <groupId>com.adobe.granite</groupId> <artifactId>com.adobe.granite.auth.saml</artifactId> <version>0.4.18</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency>

Try this, i am sure it will work.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Thanks a lot for your responses. I have tried de AEM depfinder and this is the result (attached)

So my opinion is that this is ok, because my bundle requires a SAML Bundle with Version between 0.3 and 1 and the granite SAML bundle has a version of 0.4.18.

Do you have any idea what is going wrong here or what I can check in order to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!!

Max

Employee

Did you update the pom.xml to use the AEM 6.2 uber jar?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 2

I have this dependency in my pom file:

<dependency>     <groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId>     <artifactId>uber-jar</artifactId> <version>6.1.0</version> <classifier>apis</classifier> </dependency>

Is this the right one, the right version?

Thanks a lot!

Employee

I would compile against the 6.2 uber jar, here is a good article on recompiling code for 6.2[0]. Looking at the article, it seems yours is a package that has changed and therefore needs recompiling against the 6.2 uber jar, all the details are in the page below.

Regards,

Opkar

[0] http://blog.justinedelson.com/2016/04/27/recompile-code-for-aem62.html