Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Getting 403 while creating a folder under /content/dam on author dispatcher server

Level 2

Hi All,

When ever i am creating any folder on author dispatcher server directly under /content/dam, I am getting 403 in developer tool even though i am logged in as administrator. I have checked the access and all access has been granted. Even admin is facing the same issue.

We tried on other author dispatcher but woking fine. Not able to track the root cause even after checking the logs. There is nothing related in error / dispatcher log.

But getting the following in access log:

[06/Nov/2017:02:31:11 -0500] "POST /content/dam/ HTTP/1.1" 403 4466

Can anyone suggest the root cause/fix.

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Could you please provide screen shot of what your are trying to do for more clarification ?

/Brijesh yadav

Level 2

author-dispatcher.JPG

I am trying to create a folder under /content/dam and logged in as administrator but my in console getting 403 and thus not able to create any asset.

Note : This is author dispatcher server and if i create folder on author server, its gets replicated on dispatcher.

Community Advisor

It look like a incorrect filter rule in dispatcher.

Just make sure could you please verify filter rules in dispatcher.any file under /filter that /content/dam is allowed ?

or
are you able to access any dam image in author-dispatcher server ?

/Brijesh Yadav

Level 2

I have following filter rule:

/filter

{

/0000

{

/glob "*"

/type "allow"

}

# Deny external access to system console

/0001

{

/glob "* /system/*"

/type "deny"

}

# Deny external access to CRX web application

/0002

{

/glob "* /crx*"

/type "deny"

}

# Deny external access to servlet engine console

/0003

{

/glob "* /admin/*"

/type "deny"

}

# allow  access to logout

/0004

{

/glob "* /system/sling/logout*"

/type "allow"

}

}

I have same rule on another dispatcher server and its working as expected.

Yes, I am able to access dam image on dispatcher author server.

In access log I am getting  "POST /content/dam/ HTTP/1.1" 403 4466

Administrator

Jörg Hoh Can you offer some help here?

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Hi Pawan,

In my case when I tried to create folder under dam , observed this in dispatcher log

checking [/content/dam.1.json]

request contains a query string: _=1510297246041

cache-action for [/content/dam.1.json]: NONE

Filter rejects: GET /content/dam.1.json HTTP/1.1

"GET /content/dam.1.json?_=1510297246041" - - 0ms

Uncommented this rule in filter /0087 { /type "allow" /method "GET" /url "*.1.json" }

Now I m able to create folder

Level 2

Hi Vamshlkega,

In my case somehow while creating a folder in dam, POST call is being triggered and i checked the dispatcher.any file and there is no filter rule written for /content/dam or something that you have  mentioned.

I am still looking for any help.

Level 2

I tried with filters allowing path to /content/dam with method POST in dispatcher and restarted the server but of no use.