Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

FYI -- Except for a few specific conditions, you cannot use TouchUI to edit any components under the /etc directory.

Level 5

Just in case any one else out there is trying to do it... you can't and I wrote up a blog post why:

https://blogs.perficient.com/adobe/2017/11/16/no-matter-what-a-anyone-tells-you-theres-no-touchui-un...

8 Replies

Administrator

Thanks a lot for sharing this with the community!!

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Dan, thank you for the detail!  I wonder if you could tell the community which exact version and service pack level you detailed this from so we can look back in the future to determine when or how it changed......

Level 5

Sure I'm able to reproduce it with the GA release of AEM 6.3. I have not tried to reproduce in other versions.

Employee Advisor

The reasonfor this  is quite simple: Not everything below /etc is already converted over to Touch UI. Famous example: Workflow Editor.

If course it would be nice if one could override that. Have you raised a ticket if decision could be made dependent on some /conf setting, which you can adapt for your stuff and which is "classic" by default? If you raise a ticket for it, you can add my +1 to it :-)

Jörg

Level 5

@Jorg_Hoh, Daycare Ticket? Is there any way for me to open one not associated with my client access? I found this doing non-client work and don't want it to cause any confusion.

Employee Advisor

@Dan: Yes, Daycare ticket. When I am working in the context of a customer project and find something I needed to workaround (even if it was easy to do), I typically opened a ticket on behalf of that customer. Just because it gives the ticket some context and a usecase. Not just something someone found.

Jörg

Level 5

Thanks Jörg, I created the ticket, ID: 136132