Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

File Vault' ImportMode.UPDATE not working in CQ5.5

Level 2

Hi,

I am using CQ5.5 and trying to import content using the JCRPackage API. I am setting the ImportMode to UPDATE while installing the package to the package that is being created.

Currently I have content like: 

/content

/mySite

/en

/page1

/subpage1

/subpage2

/subpage3

Now when I am importing my subpage1 and subpage3 as there are some modifications, i am creating package from java and setting the import mode to UPDATE.

But after import I am seeing subpage1 and subpage3 with modifucations and subpage2 is getting deleted. (I believe, it is taking REPLACE mode by default).

Does anyone have any idea on this?

Thanks

Riyaz

2 Replies

Level 10

In your package -   /subpage2 is part of it (with no changes) or not there?  Are you saying the /subpage2 is being deleted because there were no modifications in it? 

Level 2

Hi

In my newly created content package /subpage2 is not available as there are no modifications and I am using ImportMode.UPDATE to update only subpage1 and subpage3. But, itseems either Update is not working or it is taking REPLACE as default and deleting subpage2 and updating subpage1 and subpage3. Whereas subpage2 should not be deleted and subpage1 and subpage3 should be updated.