Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Experience Fragment: How to influence properties on creation?

Former Community Member

Hi everybody!

If I create a new Experience Fragment, the Create Wizard starts. There I can choose a template and in the next step, I can set some properties:

1789991_pastedImage_0.png

How can I change these? The wizard creates a node with the cq:template /libs/cq/experience-fragments/components/experiencefragment/template and the resource type cq/experience-fragments/components/experiencefragment. (The child node get the template choosen in Step 1 of the wizard.)

But I can not find these properties at this resource. Is it possible the overwrite them, based on the template I choose in the first step?

So, if I create a Experience Fragment from template A, I get the default properties. If I create one from template B, I get other properties.

For pages, this is simple, but the Experience Fragments seem to work different.

Thank you and best regards!

2 Replies

Level 4

Sounds like you want to change the wizard itself.

Former Community Member

Not really. If I create a page, I use the create page wizard. But I can change the properties that are editable during the creation by configuring the cq:dialog of the resource that is connected to the chosen template. I do not need to touch the crete page wizard for it in any way.

I'd like to archive the same for Experience Fragments.