Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Error Login Exception, with the following message: LoginException. org.apache.sling.api.resource.LoginException: Cannot derive user name for bundle

Level 4

I am using AEM 6.1 and trying to create session object. I have followed below steps -

1. Created a system user using crx explorer  - demoUser

2. In OSGI configuration updated user mapper service for the bundle id service details

<bundle-id>:writeService=demoUser

where bundle id is the actual id of bundle.

3. Try to get session using slingrepository.login("writeService",null) in my slingservlet. i am getting error Login Exception, with the following message:  LoginException. org.apache.sling.api.resource.LoginException: Cannot derive user name for bundle

Has anyone faced similar issue? All inputs are much appreciated. 

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

Yes, I do also get the same error by using the slingrepository.login("writeService",null)

As kautuk said, follow the article that contains how to create a system user: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/querying-experience-manager-sling.html.  It worked for me. This is very easy way of creating system users.

// Map<String, Object> param = new HashMap<String, Object>();
param.put(ResourceResolverFactory.SUBSERVICE, "datawrite");

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,
Ratna Kumar.