Expand my Community achievements bar.

Editable Templates and Nested Locking/Unlocking

Level 1

I am experiencing an issue with properly locking and unlocking components that are nested in a couple levels of Responsive Grids (/wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid). When creating an Editable Template my structure looks as follows:

Root (/wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid)

Custom Wrapper 1 (custom component)

Responsive Grid (data-sly-resource by Custom Wrapper 1)

Rich Text 1 (custom component) unlocked

Container (custom component)

Responsive Grid (data-sly-resource by Container)

Custom Wrapper 2 (custom component)

Responsive Grid (data-sly-resource by Custom Wrapper 2)

Rich Text 2 (custom component) unlocked

List (custom component)

Responsive Grid (data-sly-resource by List)

Rich Text 3 (custom component) unlocked

I can successfully unlock Rich Text 1 and Rich Text 2 so that they appear in Initial Content, can be authored in Initial Content, can be authored in Edit Mode of the Experience Fragment that is created from this Editable Template and displays in Preview Mode of the Experience Fragment. However, when I unlock the Rich Text 3 component within the List component, this component appears as authorable in Initial Content and in Edit Mode of the Experience Fragment created from the template BUT the content of its authoring is not displayed Preview Mode of the Experience Fragment. After further investigation, it appears that the Rich Text 3 rendering always points back to the Structure node of the template, instead of the Initial Content node (where the component's configurations are saved now that it is unlocked).

I am puzzled as to why Rich Text 1 and Rich Text 2 behave as desired, but Rich Text 3 is having this issue. I have added some figures below in order to reinforce the structure and issues that I am facing. I can also provide more information regarding the components listed but did not want to post their code on this forum. Thank you for all help in advance.

Template Structure

Template Structure.png

Template Initial Content

Template Initial.png

Newly Created Experience Fragment from Template (Edit Mode)

EF Edit.png

Newly Created Experience Fragment from Template (Preview Mode)

EF Preview.png

0 Replies