Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Downloading of Assets Via Email Configuration on 6.3

Level 3

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to locate if there's any configuration of how long a link for download is available after a user selects the option to download assets or renditions via email instead of right away. Also, does anyone knows how long the created nodes for the zip files stored at /etc/dam/jobs/download would remain if they are not tight to the expiration of the link. I'm talking about a case where we are not using Brand Portal on AEM 6.3 sp2.

Thank you,

3 Replies

Level 10

I am not following your use case. Can you explain in more detail.

"how long a link for download is available after a user selects the option to download assets"

Why would a link no longer be available?

Level 3

Hi smacdonald2008,

Thank you for your reply. When a user whats to download asset or all of its renditions or both they can select the email option in the download form presented to them. The users who's been selected will receive an email with link to the generated zip file. The zip file itself is stored in a node under /etc/dam/jobs/download, if I'm not mistaken. Does that link ever expires and is there any service that cleans up the nodes created under /etc/dam/jobs/download to store those zip files and are there any configurations on these? The case is also described here Share assets as a link under Download Assets From Shared Links.

Am also attaching a screenshot to the form.Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.02.25 PM.png

Thank you agan,

Bobby

Level 10

THat explanation is much clearer. Thank you. We will pass this to the Asset team for them to provide feedback.