Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Dispatcher : Understanding the rewrite logs

Level 5

Hi Team,

I am using AEM as a cloud service, and I have local dispatcher set up using docker desktop.

I am finding hard to understand the rewrite rules written in disptacher. One of the url is giving 404 error.

which log will give the clear rewrite for that url ? I am not finding it in dispatcher log at /var/log/apache2/dispatcher.log.

If anyone has 

1> Good online doc link to refer for understanding the rewrite rules clearly with examples please send.

2> Any doc on how to debug the issue by looking at the loggers.(I have changed log level to dubug in global.vars but it is not seemed to be working).

3> Any doc with clear step by step explanation on file heirarchy and what each file does in dispatcher configuration.

Best Regards

Ganesh

+91-9380201140

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@aem-enthu27 

1) Use below link to understand rewrite rule basics :

httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/rewrite/intro.html

2) Dispatcher debugging :

blogs.perficient.com/2017/10/12/mastering-aem-dispatcher-part-1-debugging-the-dispatcher/

3) Dispatcher configuration :

experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/configuring/dispatcher-configuration.html?lang=en

You can use a dispatcher validator which would guide you in setting up the dispatcher configurations correctly.

medium.com/adobetech/dispatcher-tips-and-tricks-on-aem-as-a-cloud-service-ddb9d4341f5d

Thanks,

Pallavi 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@aem-enthu27 

1) Use below link to understand rewrite rule basics :

httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/rewrite/intro.html

2) Dispatcher debugging :

blogs.perficient.com/2017/10/12/mastering-aem-dispatcher-part-1-debugging-the-dispatcher/

3) Dispatcher configuration :

experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/configuring/dispatcher-configuration.html?lang=en

You can use a dispatcher validator which would guide you in setting up the dispatcher configurations correctly.

medium.com/adobetech/dispatcher-tips-and-tricks-on-aem-as-a-cloud-service-ddb9d4341f5d

Thanks,

Pallavi 

Community Advisor

you can find log mapping from Docker Desktop. Once it is started and running for disptacher image. Then you do inspect to get the log location and click on CLI to go there and check log file

Arun Patidar