Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dispatcher on IIS server

Level 7

I have configured the server in IIS serever my server is up and running ,I can see the localhost:30 home page on hitting the url .......

I started the my aem publish instance at 4506 port and mentioned the same in the dispatcher.any..........in dispatcer INI file i have given the new dispatcher.log file location and manually created the dispatcher log file folder bt I am not getting any dispacher.log file getting generated so that i can get any idea why I am not able to access any AEM page through my iis server running on port 30 .

1841299_pastedImage_0.png

8 Replies

Level 1

Greetings AdobeID24,

Did you fix this error? If so how you did it, I'm facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Level 7

My issue was specific to access ...Please perform some actions like below :

check your application pool is the user of Scripts folder and have all the persmission like read write and all ....

better to check all the permission things . wwwroot folder (where chache must be stored )...

If you are using the Higher version of IIS an ddispatcher : we dont need ISAPI filter , just go to your website and check if isapi flter is there please delete it .

Remove the ISAPI filter that is not valid. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type inetmgr.exe, and then click OK.
  2. In IIS Manager, expand server name, expand Web sites, and then click the Web site that you want to modify.
  3. In Features view, double-click ISAPI Filters.
  4. Right-click the ISAPI filter that you want to remove, and then click Remove.

Level 1

I'm using AEM 6.5 with IIS 10 and dispatcher version 4.3.2 (most recent). So I copied the following file into the IIS installation directory C:\inetpub\Scripts:

• disp_iis.dll
  • disp_iis.ini
  • dispatcher.any

disp_iis.ini is configured like this:

• configpath=C:\inetpub\Scripts\dispatcher.any
  • loglevel=1
  • servervariables=0
  • replaceauthorization=0
  • logfile=C:\inetpub\logs\dispatcher\dispatcher.log

The dispatcher.any has the default configuration:

• /hostname "127.0.0.1"
  • /port "4503"

And about how I'm creating the site on IIS:

The wwwroot folder located on C:\inetpub, it has full control for the DefaultAppPool user:

1843763_pastedImage_6.png

1843342_pastedImage_5.png

Anonymous Authentication is enabled

1843764_pastedImage_8.png

Handler Mapping added with wildcard Script

1843765_pastedImage_9.png

And about the ISAPI Filters that you mentioned I have these:

1843766_pastedImage_10.png

But when I try to access I get 404 response:

1843767_pastedImage_11.png

Level 7

All look cool ..thats the same configuration I did its running wiyhout any issue .

do these as well :

During Edit script map :click on request restrictions button and disable the "Invoke .....bla bla ..."

Check also Scripts folder properties and apppool user permission .

now restart your site and then restart your full server .

I am considering your publish instance is up and running over 4503 . and at least your server is running(hitting localhost:80 is giving you the deualt page )

Also check Gaurav comment on this

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2652704#11255423

Level 7

Great... Wat specifically worked for you from all above suggested?... Wat was the problem.?

Level 1

The Request Restrictions steps in the section Integrating the Dispatcher ISAPI Module - IIS 8.5 and 10 on https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/getting-started/dispatche... steps 6, 7, 8, 9.