I recently received an upgraded Mac laptop with Mac OS 10.14 Mojave. While setting up Dispatcher in my mac laptop I faced numerous issues and finally ended up with not setting up any.
Here are my research and analysis. I hope it will be helpful for others.
1) Mac OS 10.14 Mojave doesn't allow to copy dipatcher_module.so file into /usr/libexe/apache2 folder even as the root user. In case, if you still want to copy it, disabling SIP at OS booting by going into Debug mode is the only option(Found this on Google search, didn't try it though).
2) As I couldn't copy the dispatcher_module.so file into /usr/libexe/apache2 folder, I tried to load it from another location like /usr/local/etc/apache2/, below is the error message I received.
httpd: Syntax error on line xxx of /private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Cannot load /usr/local/etc/apache2/mod_dispatcher.so into server: dlopen(/usr/local/etc/apache2/mod_dispatcher.so, 10): no suitable image found. Did find:\n\t/usr/local/etc/apache2/mod_dispatcher.so: code signature in (/usr/local/etc/apache2/mod_dispatcher.so) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.\n\t/usr/local/etc/apache2/mod_dispatcher.so: stat() failed with errno=22
4) As above route didn't fetch me any results, I tried to setup dispatcher using Homebrew Apache and later realized that Adobe Dispatcher module for Mac OS is not compatible with Homebrew apache version.
5) Currently, I have installed VirtualBox on my Mac and installed Ubuntu OS to setup dispatcher.
My currently local setup looks like below.
1) Author on port 4502 on Mac OS
2) Publish on port 4503 on Mac OS
3) Dispatcher on Ubuntu OS installed on VirtualBox on Mac OS. We need to setup "host-only adapter" on network setting in VirtualBox.
4) In dispatcher.any file, use "10.0.2.2" with port "4503" om renders to connect to publish instance from VirtualBox Ubuntu OS.
I feel that Engineering team at Adobe should plan about releasing new signed Dispatcher module for Mac OS.
Are these answers useful? Help other community members by marking useful answers as accepted.
The problem is that the dispatcher binary is not signed, which is required by OSX 10.14 (Mojave).
At the moment I only know this workaround; it basically creates a new httpd instance you need to manage on your own. But it's only a workaround, so please raise a Daycare ticket to request a signed binary.