Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Disable Rendition so that core image component can use the direct path of the DAM in src

Level 4

We are not using renditions and have no plan of using them. Is there a way to configure the image core component or disable renditions so that when it tries to get the src of the image, it can use the direct path from the dam instead of the rendition path?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

The possible solution I could think of right now is 

1. Update the OOTB launcher to restrict the OOTB "Dam Update Asset" to run over the selected folder hierarchy specific to your project.

2. Create a copy of the "Dam Update Asset" and add the condition to skip creating the thumbnails for your hierarchy from the process step, by adding the mimeType you want to skip

shaileshb501027_0-1655179753403.png

This way all other steps will be executed, executed the thumbnail generation.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

The possible solution I could think of right now is 

1. Update the OOTB launcher to restrict the OOTB "Dam Update Asset" to run over the selected folder hierarchy specific to your project.

2. Create a copy of the "Dam Update Asset" and add the condition to skip creating the thumbnails for your hierarchy from the process step, by adding the mimeType you want to skip

shaileshb501027_0-1655179753403.png

This way all other steps will be executed, executed the thumbnail generation.

Thanks

Level 4

Hi @Shailesh_Bassi_ 

This seems like a possible solution for us as I can set this up for a particular project and not for the entire instance. I am totally new to the AEM so would you please tell me where can I find OOTB Launcher and OOTB "Dam Update Asset"
If it's ok for you, would you please list down the steps to achieve the above?
Thank you in advance.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Navigate to the path as shown below where you will find all the workflow and launchers.

shaileshbassi_0-1655265945963.png

And under the launchers, you will see multiple entries under the path "http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/workflow/admin/console/content/launchers.html", after you navigate from the above screen.

The screenshot for the lauchers screen is as below, you need to make changes over here.

shaileshbassi_1-1655266059054.png