Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Difference between /conf and config

Community Advisor

While working with maven archetype 12 , I saw the new content structure which has /conf as settings node. I was curious to know what exactly is the purpose. I knew there is something like that in AEM 6.1 and up but never found the time to explore more. Pretty late to the wagon , but did some learning . After reading what /conf exactly does , the main question I was curious about was "Then what is the exact difference between /conf and config ? " . I tried to write it out in this article (I am pretty bad at writing articles though. Please bear with me) [ AEM ] Difference between /conf and config . When to use which ? | LinkedIn  .

I am yet to implement a usecase , which I will be doing very soon. Meanwhile I would like to get more information on these (if any has) , do comment with your additional info around these.

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Some months ago I wrote an article which covered a potential usecase for /conf and some pitfalls with it :-)

Design pattern: Configuration of OSGI services | Things on a content management system

Jörg

Community Advisor

Thanks for this Jorg I will include this also .