Sign in to Community
Sign in to view all badges
We have a requirement for workflow for approval on the deletion of a DAM asset.
The requirements are :
The author should request for deletion of an asset.
Workflow should check
1. if Asset is not published
2. If the asset is referenced in any page
If both conditions are met, the "Librarian" group should able to receive the workflow request.
Once the Librarian approves the workflow, it should delete the asset, mail should be triggered to the initiator and super users
Once the Librarian rejects the workflow, it should not delete the asset, mail should be triggered to the initiator and super users
Workflow has been created with Dynamic Participant step for verification.
Launcher configuration has been made to initiate the workflow when Node is removed on DAM: asset node.
But the challenges are :
1. Finding assets references in 2000 pages in query is slowing performance.
2. When Author clicks on the delete button, it triggers workflow but also deletes the asset same time. So even if the workflow is rejected, assets are deleted.
So I need few inputs :
1. What is best way to check references without impacting performance?
2. Do we need to hide delete button ? and show "Request for deletion" for DAM assets ? if yes, how we can do that?