Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

DAM Asset shown as broken in publish when published

Level 3

I am facing a strange issue as below with DAM assets.

Have created a new DAM Folder in author and added some images. Tried publishing just one image from author.

Though replication logs say it is successful, when I open the DAM folder in Publish instance. I am seeing the image as broken as below:

priyavnair_0-1591641728213.png

Though it has been literally published, because I can see the file  and file name etc. The image is showing as broken image.

Another observation is that - I tried to inspect the broken image and could understand that it is referring to 1280*1280 rendition image. This rendition image is geeting downloaded in author instance, when we hit direct rendition image. But in publish direct rendition image is giving 404, though the physical rendition node 1280*1280 exist in JCR.

Can someone help me what I am missing here?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thank you all for your valuable comments on this issue.

But the issue was at clouf front level. We had to add another beviour to pass the cookies from cludfront as that was a restrcited access folder.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Community Advisor

@pn_2007 Is this happening in your local ? can you check below 

1. Did you check the asset in the publish instance ? Is the node created with jcr:data in the original ?
  2. If yes, can you click on the jcr:data and open that file and check if the image is opening for you . If not , your image might not have been published completely , or there might be some issue with your publish.
  3. Did you restart the instance and check publish again and see if it is working fine ?

Thanks

Veena

Level 3

@ Veena_Vikram This is happeing in QA. I did check your points 1 and 2 and everything is there. BUt still image is showing as broken.

Level 3
Another observation is that - I tried to inspect the broken image and could understand that it is referring to 1280*1280 rendition image. This rendition image is geeting downloaded in author instance, when we hit direct rendition image. But in publish direct rendition image is giving 404, though the physical rendition node 1280*1280 exist in JCR.

Community Advisor
So that means 1280*1280 rendition is not getting created properly. You might have to debug this in another publish instance and make sure it works in all instances well. If so then your current publish workflow has some issue.

Community Advisor

It seems assets renditions are not getting created. Check DAM update assets workflow.

Compare the renditions at publishers.

Are you able to see actual images on the page?

Arun Patidar

Level 3
No. Image is not rendering in the page neither. compared both publisher and in both I can see the rendition nodes. Compared them as well

Community Advisor
Are you accessing publisher using anonymous user or via login as admin. Just wanted to check if it is a permission issue or not.

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Arun_Patidar  Logged in as admin user and i checked the folder permissions too. It is all good in that perspective.

Community Advisor

@pn_2007   When you first uploaded the image on the Author, did you get any error in the DAM asset update workflow execution ? May be that is a good starting point to check if the workflow finished without any errors on the Author.

Are you able to access the mentioned image rendition on the author?

Level 3
Did not see any error while uploading in author and able to access image rendition in author

Level 4

Hi @pn_2007 

From the question and discussion, I got that problem is with a rendition of the image.

1) Can you please look Dam update asset workflow.

2) Also, you can cross-check that for other rendition image is replicating, able to see the image in page -by selecting mobile phones version instead of desktop.

3) have you tried with other images, -though image size doesn't matter when you upload but just give a try.

Mostly Focus on the workflow.

let us know

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thank you all for your valuable comments on this issue.

But the issue was at clouf front level. We had to add another beviour to pass the cookies from cludfront as that was a restrcited access folder.