to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

CustomAction Type in AEM Core Form Container Component

rahuld77778584
Level 2
Level 2

Is there a way to add custom Action Type in new AEM Core Form Container Component? We get 4 action types OOTB.  I need to add my custom servlet path in

Action Type.

1667348_pastedImage_0.png

Form Container Github Link : aem-core-wcm-components/content/src/content/jcr_root/apps/core/wcm/components/form/container/v2/cont...

7 Replies
smacdonald2008
Level 10
Level 10

Have you tried creating a standard form action for this?

Gaurav-Behl
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

As Scott mentioned, provide action in your html code. It would work

Check the Container model for reference -

aem-core-wcm-components/Container.java at master · adobe/aem-core-wcm-components · GitHub

smacdonald2008
Level 10
Level 10

Another option you have is to use Form components under general where you can define a custom action as discussed here --

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom action for an Adobe Experience Manager Form compon...

THis works fine on 6.4 -- just tested!

Shalini_Gupta
Level 2
Level 2

Did the solution worked for you?
For adding custom action type in the node, you would need to add cq:dialog to the action resource. Create as given here Developing Forms (Classic UI) .
I made the custom action, but I am not getting the data in post.POST.jsp on submit.

sharathn8223803
Level 2
Level 2

Check this /libs/commerce/components/actions/submitorder. You  need create sling:folder similar to that.

srikanthg212933
Level 3
Level 3

Hi @rahuld77778584 Did you able to achieve the above requirement with core components ? it would be great if you can share the workaround that you have used.